The Vest® Airway Clearance System has been demonstrated to benefit patients in the removal of retained secretions due to both acute and chronic respiratory conditions. The Vest® System can assist in airway clearance for patients suffering from airway clearance dysfunction, secretion retention and/or ineffective cough or secretion clearance due to immobility, deconditioning or muscle weakness.
The Vest® Airway Clearance System utilizes High Frequency Chest Wall Oscillation technology to dislodge mucus from the bronchial walls, and mobilizes secretions and mucus from the smaller to larger airways where it can be cleared by coughing or suctioning.
Designed with acute care needs in mind, The Vest® System, Model 205 system is safe, effective and easy to use helping patients breathe a little easier.™ Learn more about The Vest® Airway Clearance System for Acute Care.
What does The Vest® Airway Clearance System Model 205 have to offer?
- Simple, flexible programming
- Normal Mode
- Ramp Mode
- Program Mode with Cough Pause® Option
- Eases off pressure when paused
- Easy-to-read screen
- Eases into therapy
- Optional remote control
- Optional disposable air hoses
- Easy movement on four independent, swiveling casters
- Convenient, quick-access storage for disposable garments
- Push-button data entry
- Dual language capability
- Small footprint for easy positioning and storage
- Adjustable height offers variable positioning at the bedside, chair side or during transport
What does the Model 205 mean to Respiratory Therapists?
Designed with acute and long-term respiratory care in mind, The Vest® Airway Clearance System provides clinicians with the following advantages:
- No need to reposition the patient compared to CPT
- Reduces average therapy time compared to CPT
- Increased compliance to therapy compared to CPT in pediatric patients
- Proven to be at least as safe as CPT
- No need to change head-of-bed into Trendelenburg position
- Disposable Single Patient Use garment options
- Mobilizes secretions as well as CPT
- Provides consistent therapy
- Allows concurrent administration of aerosol treatment