Product Security Policy
At Hill-Rom / Welch Allyn cybersecurity is a very serious issue and we maintain continued vigilance of cybersecurity threats and protection. We strive to integrate cybersecurity protection as up to date as possible in our products. Each release of a new software version includes a risk assessment review of cybersecurity and most often include updated additional security protection features within them.
In addition to incorporating cybersecurity controls into the design and development of our medical devices, Welch Allyn regularly monitors vulnerabilities and conducts risk and impact assessments accordingly. We review the list of vulnerabilities reported and make every effort to ensure that those vulnerabilities are mitigated. Our responsible disclosure policy is available below.
Any deployment of networked products leverages a customer’s existing IT infrastructure. Welch Allyn’s network best practices guide, which sets forth required and recommended network settings and configurations to enable proper connectivity, advises customers to conduct a hazards analysis pursuant to IEC 80001 (Application of Risk Management for IT-networks Incorporating Medical Devices) prior to deployment in order to identify and remedy any interoperability issues.
At Hill-Rom, we consider the security of our systems a top priority.
If you discover a vulnerability, we would like to know about it so we can take steps to address it as quickly as possible. We would like to ask you to help us better protect our clients and our systems.
Please do the following:
- E-mail your findings to email@example.com. Encrypt your findings using our PGP key to prevent this critical information from falling into the wrong hands; and
- Provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible. Usually, the IP address or the URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability will be sufficient, but complex vulnerabilities may require further explanation.
Please do NOT:
- Take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered, for example by downloading more data than necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability or deleting or modifying other people's data,
- Reveal the potential vulnerability to others; or
- Use attacks on physical security, social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam or applications of third parties.
What we promise:
- We will respond promptly to your report;
- We will handle your report with strict confidentiality, and not pass on your personal details to third parties without your permission unless we have a legal obligation to do so.
We strive to resolve all problems as quickly as possible, and we appreciate your assistance in bringing a vulnerability to our attention.
Urgent 11 security advisory
Publication Date: November 15, 2019
Last Revised Date: October 30, 2019
In accordance with FDA and US Homeland regulations, Hill-Rom has evaluated the impact of Urgent 11 vulnerabilities on its products. Click here to get the notification.