The MetaNeb System is indicated for the mobilization of secretions, lung expansion therapy, the treatment and prevention of pulmonary atelectasis, and has the ability to provide supplemental oxygen when used with compressed oxygen.
The MetaTherapy Treatment maximizes efficiency for patients and clinicians by combining lung expansion, secretion clearance and aerosol delivery into a single integrated therapy by the MetaNeb System.
Conditions for MetaTherapy® Treatment
Conditions for MetaTherapy Treatment where the above conditions are met:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 3 (COPD)
- Post-operative airway management
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Cystic fibrosis
- Reversal of atelectasis
- Chest wall trauma
Typical Therapy Cycle
Aerosol delivered in both Lung Expansion and Secretion Clearance
In CPEP (Continuous Positive Expiratory Pressure) mode The MetaNeb System provides medicated aerosol combined with continuous positive pressure to assist in holding open and expanding the airways. In CHFO (Continuous High Frequency Oscillation) mode is a pneumatic form of chest physiotherapy that delivers medicated aerosol while oscillating the airways with continuous pulses of positive pressure.
The Convenience of MetaTherapy Treatment Delivered through a Single Unit
- Simple "connect and go" design
- Single patient use (SPU) circuit includes mouthpiece, nebulizer, mask/trach adapter, and in-line ventilator setup
- Quickly switch between therapy cycles
- Easily adjustable flow, pressure and percussive rate
- In-line ventilation
- Mouth piece
- Face mask
Learn more about Hillrom's Respiratory Care products
* Therapy times may differ depending on patient needs and ordered therapies.