Hillrom Applicant Privacy Notice
Hillrom 申请者隐私声明 (Chinese)
AVIS DE CONFIDENTIALITÉ RELATIF AUX CANDIDATS Hillrom (French)
Hillrom – DATENSCHUTZERKLÄRUNG FÜR BEWERBER (German)
INFORMATIVA SULLA PRIVACY DEI CANDIDATI DI Hillrom (Italian)
Hillrom 応募者のプライバシーに関する通知 (Japanese)
AVISO DE PRIVACIDADE DO CANDIDATO DA Hillrom (Portuguese)
AVISO DE PRIVACIDAD DEL POSTULANTE DE Hillrom (Spanish)
1. PURPOSE AND SCOPE
This Applicant Privacy Notice explains how Hillrom handles personal data about our job applicants and the rights that applicants have under data protection law. In this Applicant Privacy Notice, we refer to this type of information as "Application Data".
This Applicant Privacy Notice applies to applications submitted through any of our career websites and through third parties, such as recruitment agencies and job boards. It also applies to applications submitted through other means, such as by post and email.
"Hill-Rom" means Hillrom Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
2. THE 10 DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES AND WHAT APPLICATION DATA WE COLLECT
Hillrom follows these "10 Data Protection Principles" when we handle Application Data. These 10 Data Protection Principles are as follows:
2. Fairness and Transparency: Hillrom must process personal data fairly and provide individuals with information about how and why their personal data is being processed.
3. Lawful Processing: Hillrom must only process personal data, including sensitive personal data, lawfully where it has a valid legal basis.
4. Purpose Limitation: Hillrom must only collect personal data for a specific, explicit and legitimate purpose. Any subsequent processing should be compatible with that purpose, unless Hillrom has obtained the individual’s consent or the processing is otherwise permitted by law.
5. Data Minimization: Hillrom must only process personal data that is relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
6. Data Accuracy: Hillrom must take reasonable steps to ensure personal data is accurate, complete, and, where necessary, kept up-to-date.
7. Retention: Hillrom must only keep personal data for as long as it is needed for the purpose for which it was collected or for a further permitted purpose.
8. Security: Hillrom must use appropriate security measures to protect personal data, including where third parties are processing personal data on our behalf.
9. Individual Rights: Hillrom must allow individuals to exercise their rights in relation to their personal data, including the right to update their data.
10. Personal Data Transfers: Hillrom must put in place safeguards before sending personal data outside the country from which it was collected.
Hillrom will generally only collect Application Data in the recruitment process that is necessary for Hillrom to assess you for the position for which you applied. This may include the following categories:
- information you provide to keep in touch with us about future job opportunities at HillRom, such as your name, email, LinkedIn profile, location, field of expertise and the kind of role you are interested in;
- information you provide in order to apply for a job vacancy with Hillrom to tell us who you are and to build a picture of your capabilities and suitability for certain positions, such as your name, contact information, current company, information contained in your resume (e.g. professional qualifications, previous employment history, place of residence, current base compensation, additional bonuses and/or commission and personal interests and experiences), information contained in your social media accounts or personal websites or accounts (e.g. LinkedIn or Twitter), information about the type of work and projects you have been involved with and any other information you may wish to provide to us;
- information collected by Hillrom through the recruitment process, such as your performance during an interview and information provided by your references; and
Personal data about criminal convictions or medical information will only be sought where permitted by local law.
We will indicate whether the information being requested is mandatory or optional.
3. WHAT WILL Hillrom DO WITH YOUR APPLICATION DATA?
The main purposes for which we use your Application Data include:
- Supporting and Processing your Job Application, for example, so we can assess your ability to meet the job qualifications, to shortlist applicants and to verify references and professional qualifications provided by those applicants; and 3
- Improving our Application Process, for example, to ensure that our career website is user-friendly and contains appropriate and helpful information.
We may verify that the Application Data you provide during the recruitment process is accurate and/or collect personal data about you from external sources to assist with our "PreEmployment Checks". If this occurs:
- You will be told in advance which aspects of your Application Data will be verified, including an explanation of how the Pre-Employment Checks will be carried out; and
- Information about criminal convictions (if collected) or medical information will only be collected through official authorized sources and in accordance with applicable law.
Hillrom will only process your Application Data where we have a legal basis for doing so. Generally, we will be processing it to help us to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment with you.
We may also process your Application Data to comply with our legal obligations or because it is in our legitimate business interests to do so (for example, where it is necessary to understand our applicants in sufficient detail so we can deliver an effective recruitment service).
4. TO WHOM IS YOUR APPLICATION DATA DISCLOSED?
(a) Within Hillrom
Hillrom restricts access to Application Data to people within Hillrom who have a "need to know" business reason for accessing that information. For example, certain individuals within HillRom will have access to your Application Data in order to process your job application and manage the recruitment cycle.
(b) Outside Hillrom
Hillrom shares Application Data with authorized third-party service providers in order to conduct and manage recruitment. For example, we may share your Application Data with these service providers to conduct screening and verification of your application and the information you have provided to us. This includes verifying academic and professional qualifications.
On rare occasions, Hillrom may disclose your Application Data to other third parties outside HillRom, for example:
- when required to do so by law;
- in response to a legitimate request for assistance by the police or other law enforcement agency; or
- to seek legal advice from Hillrom’s external lawyers or in connection with a dispute with a third party.
5. HOW LONG WILL Hillrom RETAIN YOUR APPLICATION DATA?
We keep your Application Data in accordance with our internal retention policies and procedures. Typically, if you are unsuccessful in your job application with us (or if you reject the position), we may keep your Application Data on a short-term basisso that we may contact you again if another suitable position arises. For more information about applicable retention periods, please contact us directly
6. WHERE DOES Hillrom STORE YOUR APPLICATION DATA?
Applicants in the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) and the UK should be aware that their Application Data may be transferred to and stored in territories outside the EEA and the UK, which may have less strict data protection laws compared with those in Europe. It might also be processed by our employees or our suppliers in other non-EEA jurisdictions which also have less strict, or no, data protection laws.
Whenever we transfer Application Data outside of the EEA or the UK, we take legally required steps to make sure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your Application Data and to make sure it is treated securely and in accordance with this Applicant Privacy Notice. If you are located in the EEA or the UK, you can contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your Application Data and privacy rights in these circumstances.
7. EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
You may have the right to request access to, or rectification or erasure of, the Application Data Hillrom holds about you. You may also have the right to restrict or object to certain types of processing of your Application Data.
If you notice an error in your application that you would like to correct, or have another request in relation to your Application Data, please contact us using the contact information below.
Any request to exercise one of these rights will be assessed by Hillrom on a case-by-case basis. There may be circumstances where we are not legally required to comply with your request because of the laws in your jurisdiction or because of exemptions provided by data protection legislation.
8. CONTACT US
Please contact us at Privacy_Officer@hill-rom.com if you would like to find out more about any matters relating to this Applicant Privacy Notice.
If you have concerns about the way in which Hillrom has handled your Application Data, you should contact Hillrom’s Global Compliance Office at GlobalComplianceOffice@hill-rom.com. If you are still dissatisfied, you have the right to complain to your Data Protection Authority, if one exists in your country; however, all complaints should first be raised with Hillrom.