Safe Skin® Program
Safe Skin® Program Overview
The Hillrom® Safe Skin® Program reflects our commitment to the prevention and treatment of pressure injuries. Our partnership with the WOCN® Society* led to the first evidence and consensus-based support surface algorithm, which is the core of our program. Our expert clinicians work with you to apply evidence-based tools to enhance the outcomes for your patient population and strengthen the financial position of your organization.
*WOCN is a registered trademark of Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society.
Bed design can reduce patient migration, which may reduce risk factors for pressure injuries.
View products that help support our Safe Skin® Program. View Products
Safe Skin® Program Clinical Outcome Goals
With one in twenty patients experiencing facility-acquired pressure injuries, facilities are taking a new course of action to prevent such occurrences. The Hillrom® Safe Skin® Program provides resources to assist you in design, implementation and outcome measurement. Using this program can help your patients in many ways:
- With fewer pressure injuries, there are fewer related complications like infection and mortality.
- Reduced incidence of pressure injuries.
1 in 10 patients in acute care have pressure injuries, and 1 in 20 patients experience a facility-acquired pressure injury.
Safe Skin® Program - Resources
We have key resources you need to implement the program and enhance the quality of patient care.
- Assess your high risk areas with the International Pressure Ulcer Prevalence™ Survey.
- Take the guesswork out of surface selection with a customized Safe Skin® Surface Selection Algorithm; based on the support surface consensus from the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society® (WOCN®).
- Implement the program with the support of continuing education courses for nurses and patient care technicians.
- Measure and help sustain clinical and financial success with the Impact Tracker® Quality Improvement Program.
Learn more about resources that help support our Safe Skin® Program. View Resources