Ideas Submission Center
Introduction to the Ideas Submission Center
For submitting non-confidential ideas and proposals to Hillrom and our affiliated companies, including Welch Allyn, Trumpf Medical, Aspen Surgical, Liko, Mortara and Allen Medical.
Please read all information before proceeding to the form at the bottom of this page.
Thank you for your interest in submitting an idea or proposal to Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc. and its affiliated companies (Hillrom). Each year, Hillrom receives many ideas and proposals from outside the company, and we appreciate the courtesy that you and others extend to Hillrom in this way. We applaud your desire to improve the lives of patients and their caregivers, as this is the core of our mission.
We must point out that Hillrom, like many companies, invests substantial amounts in its own research, development, and marketing efforts. Often we are working on the same problems, and a submitted idea is already known in public information or products, or has already been generated by a Hillrom employee. Therefore, we do not undertake any obligation which would in any way limit our ability to use or disclose this information submitted, as it may already be freely available to us from other sources or may be freely used by our competition. For these reasons, and to avoid any misunderstanding as to the terms of your submission, Hillrom receives such unsolicited ideas and proposals only on a non-confidential basis and according to the terms and conditions that follow per the link below. If you believe you may have proprietary rights in your submission, we urge you to contact your lawyer and take appropriate steps to apply for protection prior to making your submission to Hillrom.
By making your submission, you agree that Hillrom will have the unrestricted right to use and disclose any information received from you, without compensation, except to the extent that such information is validly protected under the patent or trademark laws or under any written contract which may later be signed by an officer of Hillrom. Therefore, do not submit any information to Hillrom that you intend to be kept confidential or trade secret, and we urge you to apply for and/or obtain a patent prior to presenting your submission to Hillrom. We believe the patent laws provide the best and fairest means for fairly and adequately protecting the interests of all concerned. Please note that non-confidential disclosures of your idea, including any submission to Hill-Rom, such as via the Hillrom website or the Ideas and Proposals Submission Form, prior to filing a patent application, may result in loss of some or all potential patent rights. Again, we strongly recommend you consult your attorney prior to making your submission to Hillrom.
After you make your submission, if Hillrom has an interest in obtaining any additional details from you or discussing further, we will contact you. If appropriate, we may then consider accepting confidential information under a written confidentiality agreement, if it is approved and signed by an officer of Hillrom.
We believe you will find this process to be straightforward, fair, and similar to that of other companies. In fact, we believe our process exceeds those of some other companies which do not consider any unsolicited ideas.
We appreciate your desire to improve the lives of patients and their caregivers. Thank you for your submission and your interest in Hillrom.
Terms and Conditions for Submitting Ideas and Proposals to the Hillrom Companies
I have read the Introduction to the Ideas Submission Center. By making my submission, I agree to the following:
- I am hereby submitting my ideas and/or proposal to Hillrom Holdings, Inc., and to all of its subsidiaries and corporate affiliates (collectively "Hillrom") on a non-confidential basis, irrespective of any markings on documents submitted or any other statements made to Hillrom or in the submission. I agree that no confidential relationship or obligation of secrecy or nonuse is created or implied by my submission.
- My submission does not grant Hillrom a license under any patent or trademark which I may obtain, unless and until an appropriate agreement is executed.
- I agree that Hillrom has the unrestricted right to use, reproduce, and disclose any information received from me comprising or concerning this submission without compensation to me, except to the extent that such information is validly protected under the patent laws or trademark laws. Hillrom shall have no other obligation whatsoever with regard to the ideas, proposals, and contents of the submission, the secrecy or reproduction thereof, or their use for any purpose (including without limitation for developing, manufacturing and/or marketing goods or services.) I hereby waive all rights and remedies regarding confidentiality, trade secrets, and copyrights related to the submission.
- I represent and warrant that I have the unlimited right to disclose the entirety of the submission to Hillrom. I represent and warrant that nothing in or relating to this submission violates any obligation of confidentiality that I may have to any third party or any third party intellectual property rights.
- Hillrom is under no obligation to review or use the submission or to reply to me. Hillrom is under no obligation to return any submission or any material submitted by me, or to reveal to me what if anything it has done in connection with the submission or ideas therein. Hillrom and I may maintain complete files covering correspondence and materials regarding this matter.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Hillrom and me concerning this submission, and any prior negotiations or agreements are merged into and superseded by this Agreement. This Agreement binds all parties who lawfully succeed to any of my rights regarding this submission. To be effective, any modification to this Agreement must be approved in writing by an officer of Hillrom.
I have read, understand and agree to the terms set forth in the "Terms and Conditions for Submitting Ideas and Proposals to the Hillrom Companies" (Terms and Conditions) and I am submitting the following according to those Terms and Conditions: