Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We strive to value, respect and welcome each Hillrom employee’s contributions every day. Because our employees feel like they belong, they share different perspectives and ideas that lead to better decisions. And better decisions lead to innovations that enhance outcomes for patients and their caregivers around the world.
Under the leadership of our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Council—which includes our CEO—we focus on creating an environment of inclusive, respectful behavior and belonging. Together, we have:
- Achieved 30% representation for women on our board of directors and 38% on our executive leadership team
- Been honored to participate in Catalyst CEO Champions for Change, a group of 50+ CEOs pledging to advance more women into all levels of leadership
- Led dozens of workshops for unconscious bias training and preventing harassment and discrimination
All Hillrom employees are invited to participate in our Resource Groups, which offer training, discussion groups, events and opportunities to interact with Hillrom’s leaders. We currently sponsor:
- EMBRACE, a black professional organization
- HOLA: Hillrom Organization for Latino Advancement
- IDEA: Individuals with Disabilities Empowered to Achieve
- Pride Partnership, for our LGBTQIA employees and allies
- PWG: Professional Women’s Group
- VET: Veteran Employee Team
Including and supporting the voices of 10,000+ employees isn’t optional. It’s the foundation for our success. It’s who we are.
"We are building a culture of inclusion, belonging and equality of opportunity to increase our level of innovation and enhance outcomes for patients and their caregivers."
— John P. Groetelaars, Hillrom President and CEO